Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2019

Summer learning journeyday 1 activity 3

Summer learning journey (SJL)


Today I am doing day number one's activity for the summer learning this was one of yesterdays activities but you can do them the next day if you would like to and I did not have time to this one yesterday so I am doing it today.

For this activity, please select a charity that you are interested in. You may choose your own or use one from our list (below). Read about the charity.
List of Possible Charities:
SPCA
Auckland City Mission
Air Rescue
OXFAM
On your blog, write a short explanation of what the charity does.
*Remember to attribute any images that you borrow from the internet or from other people.
*Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!
I am going to do this on a google drawing because I am obsessed with google drawings for some reason. Here it is:





My next step is to add more writing in the introduction and to add more punctuation.

I got my information from the years that I have read about the SPCA and also from the SPCA website linked on the Summer learning journey site.

Is there anything you think I could do to improve my blog post?

6 comments:

  1. Hey Lacie,

    Mikey here. Congratulations on completing another activity! :)

    You've shared some really great information about the SPCA. It's amazing how many animals they've helped. I've always wanted to volunteer at the SPCA but haven't been able to do it yet. Maybe that can be my New Years resolution! :) Which animals would you most like to help care for if you volunteered?

    Just a little reminder. Remember to attribute any images you use that aren't your own. This simply means mentioning where you got the picture(s) from. Give it a go on your next post. :)

    Keep up the awesome blogging.

    Mā te wā,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mikey. I would most like to care for rabbits dogs or maybe cats.
      I got that image off explore and my teacher said any image you get off explore is ok to use.

      Delete
    2. Mōrena Lacie,

      Good choices! Rabbits would be a lot of fun to look after. Do you have any pets at home?

      Oh, I see. Unfortunately we can't tell which images are taken from Explorer and which aren't so thank you for letting me know. :)

      Have a lovely day, Lacie.

      Mā te wā,

      Mikey

      Delete
    3. Kia Ora Mikey.

      Yes I do have pets have home I have 1 dog we used to have 2 but 1 was a puppy but she was two naughty so we had to get rid of her. I have 1 cat 1 fish and 2 frogs. My cat had kittens when she was a kitten we were going to keep a kitten but my cat was not a good mother.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. Hi Lacie,

      Wow, that's a lot of pets! What are their names? Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your other dog - puppies can be a lot of hard work, can't they?

      Talk soon,

      Mikey

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about