Pages

Monday 6 January 2020

Summer learning journey day 5 activity 3

These school holidays I am completing the summer learning journey which I am behind in. But I will complete most of it today and then do some blog commenting on people blogs from our Uru manuka cluster.




For this activity, please choose one person (a changemaker) and read all about them.
On your blog, provide us with:
  1. The name of the person
  2. A description of the work they do/have done
  3. An explanation of how they/their work has had an impact on the lives of others




Kelly Slater 


He does lots of surfing in gigantic waves and sometimes he might even compete against others surfing big waves.  He probably has impacted people's lives of other peoples by making them on to go out and buy a surfboard (Not cheap to buy a surfboard).  

Attribute:I got this image from here.https://www.worldsurfleague.com/athletes/553/kelly-slater




My next step is to write more about the topic.
Is there anything you think I could do to improve my blog posts.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lacie,

    Kelly Slater is very talented, isn't he? I've always wanted to learn how to surf. Do you surf?
    Are you able to tell me a bit more about what Kelly Slater has done to change the world in a positive way? I'd be interested to learn a bit more.

    Thanks Lacie. Have a great day! :)

    Bye for now,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mōrena Lacie!

    Me again. :)

    Sorry to double up on the comments but I was just thinking about all of the wonderful blog posts I've been lucky enough to read over the last month and I remembered how much I enjoyed reading your blog so I thought I'd pop back in and check it out again. :)

    While I'm here I just wanted to let you know that there's only a week left of the Summer Learning Journey and I'd love to see a few more posts from you before it finishes next Friday (January 24th). You started off so strong, sharing lots of great activities but I've noticed that you haven't been as active recently. There's still plenty of time to jump back online and have a go at some of the activities you haven't done yet - there's loads of fun ones to choose from!

    Have a happy day, Lacie. I do hope that I'll see more SLJ posts from you soon. :)

    Mā te wā,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mikey I am sorry i have not been very active for a little while I have been busy camping and doing family activities I have also been grounded from my chromebook.

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about