Pages

Wednesday 1 September 2021

Week 6 Reading

 Week 6 Reading



Today I had to read a story called Checkmate and then answer some questions on my blog, Then I had to do do some vocabulary where I had to explain some words that my teacher gave me in my own words and then watch a video to learn how to play chess.

1.The first page of the story has lots of description. It almost sounds like Liam is preparing for a spots match. Why or why not do you consider chess a sport?

I dont think that chess Is considered a sport because in most sports you do is Physical education not ,Moving things around with your hands.

2.What do you think the relationship is  between Liam and Mr. Squires? How do you think they meet each other?
I think that the relationship between both of them is that they both like to play chess. I think that that met each other playing Chess.

3.How does Liam feel about rugby give an example from the text.
He did not like Rugby because it was just practice.


Vocabulary

Frantically ( A fear of something or an emotion about it)

Spectators(Someone that is watching someone to make sure they are ok)

Strategy ( A way that some one does something or creates a strategy to do what they are trying to  complete)

Opponents ( Someone that is versing someone else in a game)

Checkmate (A position in the game)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about